During this pandemic era, it’s likely you’ve been spending a lot more time at home. It’s understandable; your family’s well-being comes before any activity or hobby. The harsh reality is that we all need to adapt to our new circumstances and move forward based on the current conditions.
But let's face it, sometimes you miss being able to go out and play golf the way you used to!
A few years ago, having a personal putting green was a pipe dream out of most people’s budget range. But today, with the help of experts, you can have your dream putting green in a few days and at a very affordable price.
Why has installing a putting green on your property become a realistic possibility in recent years? Because in the past, you would have had to hire many different companies to complete such a project. Today only one is enough: Better Than Real Grass.
Imagine looking out your window in the morning and seeing a professional and impressive putting green in your backyard. A high-quality landscape with a realistic texture where you can improve your game just steps away from your dining room.
At Better Than Real Grass, we take pride in our five-star installations. Our team of experts provides fantastic ideas and project proposals. Homeowners want to brag about their beautiful putting greens to their friends on social media.
- What is the minimum free space needed to install a practice putting green at home?
If your goal is to improve your game on and around the green, we recommend a minimum area of at least 60 square meters.
- Is a yard area necessary, or can I install a putting green on my rooftop or in a garage area (for example)?
As long as there are no structural limits to supporting the load or impediments to drilling the ground or waterproofing, a putting green can be installed anywhere. It doesn’t necessarily have to be on a large piece of property.
- Is the type of artificial turf used for a putting green similar to that of a golf course?
Artificial grass putting green models that mimic the playing conditions of a conventional golf course are ideal. BTRG carries all these models.
- Can a specific design be made for each client and location, considering their personal tastes and preferences such as rolling speed, turf height, etc.?
Each project can be customized to the tastes and needs of the client. In terms of ball speed, an artificial green provides a similar experience as a professional putting green in good condition: between 9 and 11.
- How many holes can be included in a practice putting green?
As many as you want, although we recommend a balance between aesthetics and practicality.
- What kind of maintenance does a practice putting green require?
A periodic surface cleaning should be sufficient to preserve the turf for a long life span.
- How long does it take to design and execute a project?
The average project for private homes is usually completed within 2 to 3 days from when we enter the property.
- How much does it cost to have a practice green at home?
Nowadays, this type of installation is competitively priced and affordable for most golf lovers. We can give you a totally free estimate tailored to your specific requirements.