If you have a garden, terrace, balcony, or any other place you want to put artificial grass, you might be wondering if it´s compatible with your dog or cat. The answer is yes! Pets and artificial grass don´t have to be a bad combination, as long as you choose the right product that’s low maintenance and highly resistant.
Artificial grass is wildly popular because it´s practical, durable, and versatile. Some homeowners even install it indoors to create a unique play environment for pets and kids.
Maintaining Artificial Grass with Pets
- To clean pet feces, just remove them (daily) with a paper towel and wipe the area clean with a little soap and water.
- To clean pet urine, pour some water or use a hose in the specific area. Since, prior to laying down the synthetic lawn, the surface was set with a slope towards the drainage area or was prepared with adequate natural filtration, both water and urine will flow away quickly.
- If you wish to disinfect the lawn, mix and apply bleach diluted with water. Keep pets and children away from the lawn during this process until it´s completely dry, to avoid possible allergic reactions to the bleach.
You may also choose to disinfect your fake grass with antibacterial solutions on the market specifically formulated for artificial grass lawns and safe for pets and children.
- It doesn´t wear out with daily use. Dogs and cats can run, walk, or scratch and the grass will always look like new.
- Pets feel comfortable because fake grass is gentler on their paws compared to cement and tiles, which can be cold in the winter and scorching in the summer.
- Unlike natural grass, there will be no insects or bacteria, especially if you keep it clean.
- It helps to avoid skin irritation and bad allergies.
- Artificial grass for pets doesn´t require harmful and damaging pesticides to keep bugs away.
- Pets can go out and play on damp and rainy days because they will only get wet and will never get muddy.
- Maintains its color and texture over time: Urine does not damage the artificial turf, so you can rest assured that your lawn will remain looking great for many years. Artificial grass color and texture doesn´t degrade due to the acids in pet urine.
Artificial grass helps you create a comfortable and fun recreational space for you, your family, and your pet. The advantages are far greater than the minimal care and maintenance it requires.
What type of grass should you choose for a dog run with synthetic grass in California?
If you’re looking for the best artificial grass installers and contractors in Santa Clara, Santa Rosa, Los Altos, or in most of California, Better Than Real Grass is your best option. We’ll be happy to answer any question you may have about artificial grass maintenance for dogs.
Install artificial grass in your backyard with our professional help and enjoy your backyard with family and friends! Give us a call, and you won’t regret it.