When artificial grass first came on the market more than three decades ago, the prices were high, and the quality, texture, and durability were not as good as they are today. Fortunately, in today’s market, high-quality synthetic grass products are accessible in a range of customers’ needs and budgets.
Product diversity is impressive — ranging from small grassy areas used for putting greens to longer, more robust grasses used for children’s playgrounds and sports fields. Artificial grass comes in different colors, textures, thicknesses, etc., but that doesn´t mean it’s expensive.
How much does it cost?
That question is answered with another question: Synthetic grass costs approximately $2.40 and $10 for installation, both per square foot . But the real cost to consider is in the long run compared to the conventional option.
Costs of a natural grass lawn
- From the first day it’s installed (or planted!), natural grass requires abundant water to ensure it adheres to the soil.
- Fertilization is essential to keep it looking green and healthy all year round.
- Fumigation (three or four times a year) is required to keep pests away from your grass, plants, and loved ones.
- Constant monitoring is critical to prevent any anomalies caused by plagues, droughts, or diseases.
When you add up all the expenses associated with natural grass, you’ll quickly realize that you’ll never stop paying for it…the maintenance costs continue into perpetuity.
But with artificial grass, you’ll find lots of incredibly affordable options within your budget.
Why is artificial grass your best option?
- It doesn´t require irrigation or maintenance. The economic expense in water goes down zero.
- There are no fertilizer or pesticide expenditures.
- You won’t have to pay anyone to monitor its maintenance all year round.
- You’ll always have the appearance of fresh green grass, even in high traffic areas, and you won’t need to invest in fixing up patchy areas.
Synthetic grass by Better Than Real Grass is the best investment you can make for your grass needs. Don’t hesitate to contact us; our team of professionals will help you identify the best solutions for your project at reasonable prices suited for your budget.